Chatterbox offers a variety of speech and language development services in the Perth area that can be tailored to suit your individual needs and busy lifestyle. We thrive on working as a multidisciplinary team, often involving parents, teachers and other professionals at different stages of the decision making process.
We aim to create a learning environment that is fun and enjoyable for your child. A summary of the services we offer and descriptions of our more popular services are listed below. For more information please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Assessments are an excellent way to determine your child’s language and communication skills and measure them against the age appropriate norms. Detailed analysis of the assessment results are discussed with the parents/care-givers and will give a great insight into the child’s development along with determining the level of intervention that may be needed . A full written report can also be provided on request for an additional cost.
Our clinic or school-based therapy sessions are individually tailored and focus on setting specific goals and strategies for your child. All sessions are based on strong rationales and theoretical knowledge and a 30, 45 or 60 minute session may typically include:
- A discussion regarding your child’s goals and progress.
- One-on-one therapy session with your child that is conducted in a fun, interactive and practical manner that will motivate your child to learn.
- Detailed feedback regarding your child’s session, strategies and home-based activities to implement into your child’s daily lifestyle.
Professional ServicesWe also provide specialised services in the following areas:
- Expressive language delay
- Comprehension delay
- Literacy difficulties
- Late talkers
- Articulation difficulties and clarity
- Working with children with disabilities
- Assistive and Alternative Communication systems (for non-verbal or semi-verbal children)
- Play skills
- Interactive and social skills
- Language Development Centre applications
- Feeding and swallowing difficulties
- Professional development workshops
- School screenings for language skills